In the implementation of development required resources that can support the success of development. The resources are of limited nature and in their use must be carefully and carefully. Inaccuracy in the use of state-owned resources can lead to the following environmental concerns
- Natural resource issues: forest destruction, extinction of animals and plants, and expansion of critical land.
- Settlement issues: sanitation, slums, clean water, and environmental health.
- Environmental pollution: water pollution, soil, and air.
- Implementation of Environmental Development
In development it is necessary to include between development and environment because the environment serves as a support for sustainable development. If continuous development does not pay attention to environmental factors then the environment will be damaged and sustainable development itself will be threatened.
Environmentally sound development is an effort to improve human quality in stages by taking into account environmental factors. Such as the construction of retaining walls with flexible structures that you can see in https://www.maccaferri.com/us/products/gabions/.
In the process, this development optimizes the benefits of natural resources, human resources, and science by identifying these three components so that they can be sustainable.
In utilizing the environment as a support buffer must also take into account its limitations, so it should not be greedy so as not to run out at this time. Important matters in the implementation of environmentally sound development are as follows.
- The development process should be continuous with sustained environmental and human quality.
- The development made possible to improve the welfare of the present generation without diminishing the welfare of future generations.
- The environment has a rigidity so that in its utilization will experience reduction and narrowing.
- The better the quality of the environment the better the impact on the quality of life is reflected, among others, on increasing life expectancy and decreasing mortality rate.
- Use of non-renewable natural resources, be economically feasible and sought for alternative resources so that they can be used for as long as possible.
This environmentally sound development is also known as sustainable development, which is oriented towards the fulfillment of human needs through the utilization of natural resources wisely, efficiently, and taking into account the utilization for both present and future generations.
- Characteristics of Environmental Development and Sustainable Development
Environmentally sound development and sustainable development have characteristics that are distinct and different from other patterns of development that have been implemented. The characteristics are as follows.
- Using an integrative approach. Using an integrative approach, the complex interrelationships between humans and the environment can be made possible for the present and the future.
- Using long-term outlook. A long-term view can be used to plan the management and utilization of resources that support development so that it can be sustainably utilized.
- Ensuring equity and fairness. An environmentally sound development strategy is based on equitable distribution of land and production factors, equitable distribution of women’s opportunities, and equitable distribution of the economy for prosperity.
- Respect biodiversity. Biodiversity is the basis for the environmental order. The maintenance of biodiversity has the assurance that natural resources are always available continuously for the present and the future.
• In sustainable development trying to unify the three dimensions of economic, social, and environment into a synergy in improving human quality. The economic dimension in sustainable development still focuses on growth, equity, stability, and wisdom. Social dimension includes empowerment, participation, togetherness, mobility, cultural identity, institutional development, and poverty alleviation. Ecological dimensions aim for ecosystem integrity, eco-friendly and resource-saving, biodiversity conservation, and global issue responses.